Our Rehabilitation Department prides itself on providing specialized services for those with complex conditions. Whether you are admitted for short term or long term care, our rehabilitation team assesses all residents and sets achievable goals for those who are candidates to receive rehabilitation.
Our rehabilitation services include physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
We have consistently delivered positive outcomes for acutely ill residents, demonstrating results that have exceeded regional averages.
As part of our rehabilitation program, residents and family members receive training and education in order to maximize a resident’s abilities, including, for example, safe transfers to a chair or automobile.
Our Interdisciplinary Team including social workers, rehab staff, nursing, and our medical team works closely to coordinate a safe discharge plan.
Rehabilitation is provided to our residents up to 6 days per week based on each resident’s individualized plan of care.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
New to Hiliaire is our Specialized Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program. Our highly trained, dedicated team
includes a staff Pulmonologist who oversees our program and performs in-house exams, in-house respiratory therapists, and specially trained nursing and rehabilitation staff. Our Pulmonologist rounds at the facility with our respiratory therapist and other members of the pulmonary rehabilitation team to maximize clinical outcomes, coordinate transitions back to the community, and reduce hospital readmissions.
Our goals to treat high acuity pulmonary patients include:
• Reduce symptoms
• Optimize functional status
• Assess anxiety related to pulmonary complications
• Prevent readmissions to the hospital and reduce healthcare costs
Our Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program includes:
• Onsite respiratory therapist
• Physical training
• Tracheotomy care and weaning
• Nutritional management
• Self management
• Screening for depression / anxiety and psychosocial support services
• Breathing retraining
• Oxygen weaning
• Medication review
• PFT testing
• Individualized education
• Individualized care planning
• Discharge planning assessment
• Arrangement of home care needs
• Scheduling of post discharge doctor appointments
• Coordination of and referral to community resources and services
• Monitoring of post discharge status